Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 3 - 10 Days of Real Food

Back already!  I know! 

Day 3 Menu: Breakfast - Oatmeal with honey and raisins; Lunch - PB&J with grapes and apples; Dinner - Slow Cooker Chicken with mashed potatoes and salad.
     Thoughts:  Another successful day.  Ben and I enjoyed the oatmeal this morning along with some granola.  Then we headed to a friend's house to play with lunch in tow.  Worked out great.  One of her kiddos even liked the granola I had packed for a snack.  The "big" boys did fine with breakfast and lunch. Dinner was very good.  The slow cooker chicken was easy to make and turned out great.  Spices could have been ramped up a bit.  I looked forward the the mashed potatoes ALL DAY and they were worth it.  Quite good if I say so myself.  (In fact, I'm thinking about sneaking the leftovers right now!)  I'll say what I'm missing most is the sweets.  I need to get some whole foods dessert recipes!

1 week to go!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your obvious success with the challenge. Planning ahead makes all the difference. Isn't it amazing how much our kids will try and eat if we do it too?

    ReplyDelete